no items to display
Skip the preservatives and added sugars by making your own Nutella. Try this healthy Chocolate Hazelnut Spread, perfect for dipping fruit, spreading on toast or eating by the spoonful!
- 2 scoops Complete by Juice Plus+ Chocolate
- 8oz hazelnuts
- 4oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 1oz coconut oil
- 3tbs coconut palm sugar
- 1tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1tsp natural vanilla powder
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 375˚F
- Spread hazelnuts on a baking sheet and roast them in the oven for about 15 minutes until skin starts blistering. Rub in kitchen towel to get most of the skin off. Let cool.
- Melt the chocolate in a saucepan over simmering water. Stir until smooth. Let cool.
- Grind the hazelnuts until they turn into a paste.
- Add coconut oil, coconut palm sugar, cocoa powder, Complete, vanilla and salt and continue processing until the mixture is as smooth as possible.
- Add the melted chocolate, blend well. Scrape into a jar and let it cool to room temperature before closing the jar. Will keep up to two weeks (if it even lasts that long!).